This is what I just had for dinner and it combines all the best things in life: butter, chocolate, steak, tomatoes, onions and bone broth. I’m getting the goosebumps just thinking about it!
What you’ll need:
3/4 stick of Kerrygold garlic and herb butter
1-2 onions sliced
2 cups homemade bone broth or 3 cups store bought broth
1 cup water if you’re using homemade broth
1/2 – 1 pound of beef, preferably in steak form 🙂
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 Tablespoon of chili seasoning
1 Tablespoon on unsweetened cocoa powder
1. On medium heat, melt the butter and add the onions.
2. Stir every few minutes, keeping an eye on the onions.
3. When the onions are translucent, add the bone broth, tomatoes, water, chili and cocoa powder.
4. Mix well.
5. Turn down the heat and let that simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Add the meat.
7. On low, cover and allow it to simmer for an hour. (Yep, an hour. Go wash your hair, take the dog for a walk, do your taxes, shave your chest….whatever.)
8. Pull the steak out of the sauce and ease it onto a plate. Cover with the sauce.
I didn’t make anything to go with it tonight. It would be lovely with some greens or roasted squash.
*You will need your fork and spoon. I thought that I’d need my knife to cut the meat but it was fork tender.