I had this as a side for my steak the other day. It was so good so I thought I’d pass it on to y’all.
What you’ll need per person:
For the potatoes:
1 sweet potato
2 cloves garlic
1 Tablespoon of coconut milk
Water to cover
For the “gravy”:
1 cup of bone broth or stock
10 or so raspberries
1/2 Tablespoon mint leaves
2 pinches dried thyme
1 pinch dried rosemary
Juice of 1/2 lemon
To make the potatoes:
1. Peel and cube the potatoes tiny for faster cooking.
2. Peel the garlic.
3. Put the potatoes and garlic in pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
4. When tender, add coconut milk and either using a fork or a blender, mash and mix well.
5. Salt to taste.
While the potatoes are cooking, make the ‘gravy’.
1. Put the bone broth in a saucepan.
2. Add raspberries. (I use frozen.)
3. Add mint and other herbs.
4. Allow the broth to reduce by half and mash everything together.
5. Incorporate lemon juice. (I like the tang so if you don’t, use a little less juice.)
6. Salt to taste.
Spoon the gravy over the potatoes and nosh on, my friend. Nosh on.
I like the chunkiness over the smoothness of the potato but you can also pass through a sieve to get a clearer, smoother sauce.
(Make plenty more if you would rather this as a main dish!)